The Falling Fruits


Following a big fruit harvest in the area where i used to live, my parents brought home a lot of duku, durian, and rambutan. There were so many of them, we still had bags of fruits even after sharing them with neighbours. Having a date with friends, i decided to bring her some. Carrying a plastic bag full of duku, i got on the bus. I was running late so when i got to my bus stop, i quickly jumped off the bus. As i did so, the plastic bag holding the dukus broke open and the small round fruits rolled all over the street. Silly me, instead of leaving them alone, i went to all the trouble of picking each and every duku off the street. Oncoming cars had to stop and wait for me to collect the dukus. All the passengers were smiling broadly at my stupidity.
RIZKA, PALEMBANG

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »